Warrick Literacy & Educational Connections (WLEC) is excited to be a part of Walking for Dreams 2023. We're excited about the chance to receive matching funds!
Any money we raise for the 2023 Walk of Dreams will put us one step closer to matching funds and get more books into the hands of our youngest citizens. We're looking forward to celebrating literacy in downtown Evansville on Sun, May 21, 2023 at 1:00pm and would love to have you join us. The full course is 5K, but don't let that scare you. Walkers are able to turn around at any point since we're walking from Bally's Plaza to the playground and back.
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library in Warrick County currently serves almost 2100 children. WLEC raises the money to buy the books and continually registers children while the Dollywood Foundation publishes and mails the books. It only costs $30 a year for a child to receive an age-appropriate, quality book in the mail every month. Our goal is to get books into the hands of 4000 children.
Our Walking for Dreams goal is $120,000. If we reach this goal, a local benefactor could match as much as another $40,000. Reaching this goal will give us room to grow the number of children receiving books and guarantee books to our registered children for TWO WHOLE YEARS.
There are several ways to register for the walk and/or donate:
1. Follow this link to register for the walk and/or donate to through the Walking for Dreams website. There is no registration fee so every dollar donated will buy books for children. https://www.walkingfordreams.org:443/Profiles?id=acc8266e-9b3c-42b7-ab14-0eb34b462784
2. Checks made out to Warrick Literacy & Educational Connections or WLEC can be mailed to: WLEC PO Box 845 Newburgh, IN 47629. Please write "WFD 2023" on the memo line. WLEC is a 501(c)3 organization. Donations are tax deductible.
3. Pay via Venmo @warrickliteracy
4. Pay via PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Cash - email email@example.com and a WLEC Board member will contact you to make arrangements to donate cash.
Visit our website at: warrickliteracy.org or follow the link below to find out more about WLEC.
WLEC brochure: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_lYmb64IUf8xmzN_jBOo8Ag2aMgXXQQY/view?usp=share_link
Thank you for helping us reach our goal!